Thursday, September 23, 2010

10 Years Ago Today

We said "I do" and walked into the sunset of happily ever after.

Until we started to try to have kids.

I think of how far we have come and how we are no longer those innocent, bright eyed kids that ran down the aisle at the church, so eager to start living our life together. We thought that life would be all sunshine and a bed of roses. We had no idea what was in store for us a few years down the road.

We're not so innocent anymore. We're not so naive.

However, my marriage is so much stronger than it was when we started out. Everything that IF put us through has made our marriage rock solid. All that we went through, we suffered through together, each one holding the other one up when we couldn't stand on our own. When IF dealt us blows that we didn't think we could withstand, instead of letting it drive us apart, we grew closer together. We stared into each others eyes and told each other that somehow, someday, it would be okay and that we would get through this.

I don't doubt for a minute that my husband loves me. I don't doubt for a second that he would do anything for me. I don't doubt that together, we can withstand anything life throws at us. I will hold his hand through anything as he will hold mine.

Happy 10th Anniversary Honey - you're the best and I love you.

7 comments:

  1. Awwwwww, such a sweet love letter to your DH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - sound like you're a lucky couple despite all the IF crap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary, that is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary to you both. What a beautiful and true to life post. I hope you both have another fabulous year ahead of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet. I totally agree with you, it has made us so much stronger and has made us understand each other so much more! Happy belated anniversary! I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual, I'm late in commenting. Happy belated anniversary!!! May you have a lifetime more happy anniversaries!!

    ReplyDelete