Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Biting

Caitlyn is definitely teething. She has taken to biting down on my nipple while nursing and I am desperate to try and figure out how to break that habit. I exclaim loudly "ouch!" and tell her that she hurts me when she bites down but she thinks it's a game and giggles back at me while smiling.

I'm going to try telling her firmly not to do it and stop nursing immediately and then sticking something more appropriate for her to chew on in her mouth.

I have to go shopping for a teething ring for her...the rattle I have has a teething part stuck on one end and it works but is a little on the big side for her tiny mouth.

Suggestions anyone??

4 comments:

  1. KayJay,

    This is nothing to do with your post....I read your other blog. I'm also a Canadian considering going to US for treatment and would like to e-mail your for advice about clinics, if possible?

    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure - I've posted my e-mail at the side there and can be reached at bloggerkayjay@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had advice for you ... I'm interested to hear what ideas or recommendations you might get ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is probably coming too late, but when my daughter bit my nipple I gently flicked her cheek. it took her by surprise and she stopped biting, it has been 3 months since she bit me

    ReplyDelete