Monday, June 14, 2010

Teething?

My girls are 19 weeks and 2 days old (almost 5 months old). Their corrected gestational age is 13 weeks and 2 days (a little over 3 months).

I think Caitlyn is teething!

The poor girl has been drooling of late but I didn't pay too much attention as I figure you'll hit a point with all babies where they will simply drool. Then today, she developed a warmer temperature than normal. She doesn't have a fever per say but she is warmer than she normally is. Her normal temp is around 36.2 whereas today it was 37.7 and my understanding is that anything over 38 is a fever.

She's also been very upset all day today which is not normal for her and she wants to be cuddled and held a lot more. She was crying so hard at bedtime and she wasn't comfortable enough until I gave her some Tylenol which took away the pain.

She has also been chomping down during nursing which is painful for me but I was reading in the books that the pressure from biting down on something helps to relieve the pain from teething.

I can't see any part of her gums that are swollen so I'm not 100% sure however all the signs seem to fit. My Mom told me that this cutting the first tooth can continue on for some time before you actually see it. I hope for her sake that it comes through quickly and the pain subsides.

My poor girl!

1 comment:

  1. Hope her pain is over soon. Kara has been biting on my finger and drooling for ages, but I haven't oticed any tooth activity so far.
    Sounds like they're both doing so well! So glad the falls on the heads didn't damage anything other than your psyche.
    Thanks for all your support - it means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete