Thursday, May 13, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog!

I was going to call this blog "Fables of a New Parent" but judging by how things have been going, I think the more appropriate word is "Foibles"! I try hard but I don't always get it right and there's a lot to figure out as a new parent...so "foibles" it is rather than "fables".

For those of you who know me from my infertility blog, Two Miracles To Come, thank you for following me over to my new space. For those of you who have stumbled upon my blog through cyber space, I offer you a warm welcome. This space is where I talk about my concerns as a new parent of twin baby girls, conceived through the magic of IVF, carried with much love and anticipation and born on February 6, 2010.

I have never been particularly career driven...to be honest, my biggest ambition has always been to have a family. I know, I know - all the feminists out there just groaned out loud but let me put it in a different way. I have never known what it is that I wanted to be "when I grow up" whereas I always knew that I wanted a family. I always wanted kids. I haven't always wanted a career.

Now that I have the family that I have always wanted so badly, I am trying to be the best parent that I can possibly be. I have arrived at the pit stop of life called "new parent" and am now taking tentative steps down the pathway called parenthood.

These are my stories. I will get it right sometimes; I will also get it wrong a lot more times. Here's where I let it all hang out so I can figure it out.

Come along for the ride and let me know what you think okay?

5 comments:

  1. I'm the first comment, how exciting!

    So glad you and the girls are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to following your new journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see your back. We can all use advice from each other sometimes :)
    I hope everything is going good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new space! Can't wait to read along:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you thru your first site. I am also a mom now (through adoption) after 16 years of IF. I completely understand the need for a new space, all the while remembering how deep the IF scars can run. Our lives were forever changed by IF and even more when we held our little ones in our arms.
    I'm glad I stumbled across your blog and I look forward to reading along. My baby is now 3. I miss those little swaddling days so much! They grow way, way too fast as you will see. It's simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete