Monday, May 31, 2010

Indecision

I don't know if it's because I'm so tired these days but I seem to be having trouble making any decision concerning the kids. Even when I do make decisions, those decisions seem to give rise to more questions that need more decisions.

For example, here is some of what went through my mind today:

Do I swaddle? Is it still necessary? If I swaddle, do I swaddle with both arms in? One arm out? Miracle blanket or receiving blanket?

It's hot in their room - do I dress them in a onesie or a sleeper? What if they get too cold/too hot later on in the night?

I'd like to take them for a walk - when should I do it? During their nap time just in case they fall asleep in the stroller? What if they don't fall asleep and then they become overtired?

They're fussy today and are having trouble getting down for their naps. Do I continue to rock them to a drowsy state or will that make them reliant upon someone else to put them to sleep? But this is cuddle time with the kids and how can cuddling them be bad at this point?

As you can see, I seem to have a lot of questions floating around my brain at any given point in time.

I am not normally an indecisive person.

I suppose I'm just tired and I realize that the tiredness makes decision making difficult.

Let me amend that - tiredness makes GOOD decision making difficult.

Does it get easier? Do you somehow just know what to do? How can you deal with the naysayers who plant seeds of doubt in your mind about whether you have done the right thing or not?

Good grief...where has my self-confidence gone? Probably the same place where my decision making skills went...

1 comment:

  1. If it helps, I'm really struggling with sleep and feeding decisions too. Adding formula still looms on the horizon... and she's never slept in her crib.

    ReplyDelete